These are things I made on my silhouette. I took the elephant image from the web and traced it out and cut it out on some vinyl, and the happy birthday was a silhouette download. Anyways I love doing this stuff but I might be having a learning {new stuff} overload. Considering last June was the first time I ever printed something from our printer. I'm not doing too bad. And in the summer I was so excited to tell my kids I learned to copy and paste. Hahaha! You can imagine their faces!
These next things are just random experiments. My daughter Britton wanted some movie tickets to play with, but she was about ready to lose it by the time I got finished. I am quite proud of the elephant picture. I copied the outline of the image, added some little "e's".{ That's what those little dots are.} Then somehow a real picture came through the outline. I quickly printed it off because I had no idea how I did it, and it looked really cool. I'm really more of a cool things gawker than a maker, so this is all very new to me. The elephant things are for Innis, I decorated his crib with modern elephants and he's loved them ever since. He actually called them Elephonto and so Coen who's three years younger always thought that was the name for elephant. Oh the numbers are cause I love the look of them.
This last project I actually made for a little class I had to do for a church group. I volunteered to do a bit on upcycling. I mean how hard could it be, right? If nothing else I could always do the upcycled sweater into pillow thing. I had seen some stuff on the Nate Berkus show and thought it would be easy to find a project to share. Over the course of a few weeks I gathered grocery bags and attempted to melt them together for a lovely messanger bag. Mmm that didn't really work. Then I decided to collect a multitude of different candy packages cuz I was gonna make a purse from melted candy wrappers. Some melted together, some melted to the parchment, some melted to the iron. So onto project number...well I can't remember how many projects I went through, but my kids had a great time eating all the candy so I could use the bags. Lucky my husband's a dental hygienist! Finally I resorted to pinterest and I loved these little babies from the moment I spotted them. I actually had to buy some baby food cuz my baby wasn't old enough to eat. {my kids quite enjoyed the banana & peach kinds} I gathered myself a passle full of spray paint and went about spraying the tops. Oh wait, I first had to buy some dollar store plastic animals and used apoxy to stick them to the tops. I think I had to sand the tops of the lids a bit too. I was quite proud of how I stuck playdough to the underneath of the lids and stuck a wooden skewer into it to hold it while spraying. Then I had a metal filing cabinet I put more playdough onto and put the skewers into that for them all to dry. Wow I'm just a bundle of creativity!
I think those are all the skills I can handle for now. Silhouetting, melting plastic, spray painting, I mean come on, I don't want to outdo everyone in the skill department. I can't wait to see what I learn come next week. Oh oh oh... yesterday I created my first moodboard on Olioboard, then I spent an hour trying to find it in the section " modern patio". Finally I realized I hadn't actually pushed the share button. So much too learn and so little time. I mean literally so little time. I don't know how people fit all this social media stuff into their daily lives. By sitting here I'm giving up watching a good" Psych" episode with Chay. Now I realize I didn't actually get to my food part of my post. I named it "food & fonts". Well that'll have to be next time or never? This is a really long post about nothing, maybe that's what blogs are? Something about Nothing. Bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment